[linux-elitists] New Essay: The Linus Torvalds Bus Factor

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Thu Apr 5 05:17:22 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 14:44 +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> It was deemed off-topic and flamatory on LKML after I posted it, but I think
> that's what linux-elitists is all about, so feel free to read and comment:
>
> http://shlomif.livejournal.com/41088.html
>
> You can either comment on my blog or here. (Just make sure not to CC anyone
> else or the E-mail software will reject it.) I'll try to read all the
> comments.
>
> Even if you disagree with it, it is my not-so-humble opinion that you will
> find it amusing.

Please nobody reply to his posting, I'm shit-canning this thread from
the start as it's nothing but flame fodder.

<wink> - <wink>

It is something that does need to be addressed, but since it is
something that if discussed on LKML would cause havoc world round.
Mainly since then MEDIA and $LARGE_EVIL_COMPANY and
$COMPANY_ENGAGED_IN_5BILLION_LAWSUIT_AGAINST_IBM would use the exchange
to no end. How? to scare folks even more. (Yeah uhuh)

So, how do you discuss this? A private moderated mailing list.

Linux getting killed would really only slow the project down. Similar to
when Bit-Keeper was cycled out, to use early git.

Sorry, but discussing things like the "bus factor" just scares most
people, when they are pointed to it on some mighty mailing list like
LKML. So, I guess my point it, it is a private thing. Perhaps it has
already been addressed, acted on and all we see are Linus_bots doing
everything.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup