[linux-elitists] Re: The GPLV3 Position... (and a suggestion to Jon Corbet)

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Sep 26 16:48:57 PDT 2006

Quoting Greg Sabino Mullane (greg@turnstep.com):

> > Has any project with real users ever successfully
> > moved from a license with fewer restrictions to one
> > with more?
>
> Well MySQL did the whole "LGPL->GPL to make more $$" move a
> while back.

Add:  WINE from BSD to LGPL.  (Subsequent Project ReWind, the attempted
BSD-continuation fork, appears to have flopped.)

--
Cheers,           "I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate
Rick Moen         those who do.  And, for the people who like country music,