[linux-elitists] Current client-side anti-spam best practices

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Tue Sep 26 15:57:45 PDT 2006

On 27-Sep-2006, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Actually, the main reason [the difference between spam handling at
> my MTA and at a remote alias MTA] matters to me is that everything
> from standards compliance checks to RBL checks won't kick in when
> the mail is correctly relayed to me through the machine that owns my
> alias.

I can sympathise, as the great majority of my spam is easily rejected
with such metadata checks, and it does bite that they don't apply at
my remote alias MTAs.

--
 \         "What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy |
  `\     river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know."  -- |