[linux-elitists] Current client-side anti-spam best practices

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Tue Sep 26 15:33:00 PDT 2006

On 26-Sep-2006, glen martin wrote:
> Ben Finney wrote:
> > If one wants to reject an incoming message because it appears to
> > be spam (or other malicious mail), the correct time to do it is
> > while one is engaged in the SMTP conversation with the party
> > sending it.
> Ah. I think 'correct' is a religious bias. My view is that I want
> the spammers to get as little information from me as possible, so I
> prefer to send spam into a black hole.

It seems from the above that you rather consider "reject" to be
inappropriate for spam. Which doesn't speak against my clain that *if*
one wants to reject it, SMTP-time is the correct time to do so.

So, happily, it seems our views are different but compatible.

I must be on the wrong list :-)

--
 \     "He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let |
  `\           that fool you. He really is an idiot."  -- Groucho Marx |