[linux-elitists] Current client-side anti-spam best practices

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Tue Sep 26 05:59:34 PDT 2006

Hey,

A fair amount of spam still gets through to my client these days, and my
procmail/bogofilter anti-spam regime doesn't seem to be cutting it. One of
the reasons spam still gets through is that I receive most of it via mail
aliases on foreign machines, so my MTA can't smack most of it down on the
way in (I rarely get spam through it).

So two questions:

 1) What's the latest and greatest in client-side anti-spam solutions (for
    use with procmail)?

 2) Are there fiendishly clever ways of dealing with spam that comes through
    via aliases on machines you don't control?

Thanks,

- Jeff

  "Elmo loves wasabi. That's why Elmo has no eyelids." - Elmo on Rove Live