[linux-elitists] The GPLV3 Position... (and a suggestion to Jon Corbet)

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Fri Sep 22 18:41:38 PDT 2006

Jon,
    Seeing as there are/is going to be a ton of "L4M3Z0RZ" posts in the
comments of th POLL, seeing as /. picked it up. You might want to combat
FUD, by posting the mail that Linus sent about the POLL. How he picked
the top 30 contributors plus Alan Cox (just because).

Showing him to not be an outlier. I guess some people don't understand
political problems (ie DRM) cannot be "mandated through license" and
come to a workable solution.

Personally, I thought you 15 (well those of you on this list that are
some of the signatories) did a fine job of establishing in clear terms
why you feel this way.

I cannot believe some of the comments I am seeing in regards to this.
Things like this is a whitewashing of boilerplate postions and such. It
comes across to me as a very well though out and polished NON-Legalese
statement of postion.

I raise a Schooner of (Rochester Mills) Cornerstone IPA in your general
direction and say "Hear, hear!"
--
Greg Folkert <greg@gregfolkert.net>