[linux-elitists] (from Pigdog) Feuerstein on Oracle

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Mar 29 18:21:23 PST 2006

begin Paul J Collins quotation of Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 06:21:02PM +0100:

> Ignoring for the moment that Oracle is not free software, I suppose
> the reason it is considered evil is that it is such a pig to get
> working well.  The reason for this is that the default configuration
> seems calculated to screw you up.

Hooray!  We can finally read Feuerstein and do what
he says without having to run Oracle!

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/mysqlspp/

Good news, but let's also call that a victory for
MySQL's master strategy of product refinement by
enduring flamage from RDBMS snobs...
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/blosxom/business/slideware.html

--
Don Marti