[linux-elitists] Fwd: [Snort-users] Update on Sourcefire Acquisition

Bob Bernstein rs@bernstein.providence.ri.us
Thu Mar 23 22:33:24 PST 2006

fyi

----- Forwarded message from jennifer.steffens@sourcefire.com -----
    Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 21:55:32 -0500
    From: Jennifer Steffens <jennifer.steffens@sourcefire.com>
 Subject: [Snort-users] Update on Sourcefire Acquisition
      To: "snort-users @ lists. sourceforge. net"
<snort-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

Hi Everyone,

We wanted to make everyone aware that Check Point and Sourcefire
withdrew their application today after carefully considering the
complexities of the CFIUS process, the lengthy ongoing delays in the
CFIUS process, and the current climate for international acquisition.

There is a press release with further details available at
http://www.sourcefire.com/news/press_releases/pr-13.html.

This in no way changes our commitment to the Snort technology or
community. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jennifer

--
Jennifer S. Steffens