[linux-elitists] Shadow WinHEC?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Mar 22 12:44:32 PST 2006

begin Greg KH quotation of Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 11:19:39AM -0800:

> The difficulty seems to be to get that same information out
> to the companies that don't realize this, and educate them that our
> process is radically different, and for a good reason.

So having them all mad as hell and in the same place
at the same time is a golden opportunity.

> I've heard rumors that some groups are going to start to have a more
> "hardware developer" focused conference for companies to send their
> driver developers to interact with the Linux kernel developers, to help
> bridge this huge marketing gap we currently have.  Hopefully it will
> happen soon.

If we do the "unconference" model we just have to
put up a wiki, get the space and do some hands-on
publicity.  The developers will already be in Seattle,
and don't have to get sent anywhere.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/