[linux-elitists] Shadow WinHEC?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Mar 22 11:39:19 PST 2006

begin Seth David Schoen quotation of Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 10:39:04AM -0800:

> Although Seattle has an impressive shadow conference tradition, I'm not
> sure whether WinHEC is the kind of thing that you can shadow and get a
> lot of people to turn out for.  There are certainly cool technologies
> in the free software world that we could use better hardware support
> for.  Is the prototypical shadow conference attendee a person who might
> have gone to WinHEC or a person who wouldn't be caught dead there?

Both.  It's the "I go to WinHEC because my customers
run Windows, but why does MSFT get to ruin my
Christmas?" person having coffee with the "I make
hardware more valuable by making it play in new
markets but nobody sends me specs or prototypes"
person.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/