CiteSeer-O-Meter (was Re: [linux-elitists] I agreed not to help you, can you help me?)

Paul Collins paul@briny.ondioline.org
Thu Jun 15 10:40:31 PDT 2006

J Sloan <joe@tmsusa.com> writes:

> David L. Anselmi wrote:
>> J Sloan wrote:
>> [...]
>>> However, it could be argued that it's important for any serious
>>> linuxer to be
>>> familiar with gentoo, for the same sort of reasons that it's important
>>> for any
>>> serious programmer to be familiar with lisp, regardless of what
>>> language is
>>> actually used.
>>
>> You meant BSD rather than gentoo, didn't you? ;-)
>
> That's very perceptive. There may be something in what you've said.

While we're all having fun, here's a table of CiteSeer hits for
selected search terms.

  unix        10000+
  linux        6564
  solaris      2435
  gnu          2400
  bsd          1290
  sunos        1088
  freebsd       621
  netbsd        265
  openbsd       122
  debian        112
  gentoo          5

--
Paul Collins
Melbourne, Australia

Dag vijandelijk luchtschip de huismeester is dood