[linux-elitists] I agreed not to help you, can you help me?

J Sloan joe@tmsusa.com
Wed Jun 14 12:32:36 PDT 2006

Etienne Goyer wrote:
> J Sloan <joe@tmsusa.com> wrote :
>> Just so we're all on the same page, what is the distro of choice for real
>> linux elitists?
>
> Gentoo, of course.

Well, I've used a number of distros starting with SLS, and including gentoo,
but on a professional level I do more SuSE than anything else since the PHBs
want an "enterprise vendor" and will pay big bucks for a relationship with
said vendor.

However, it could be argued that it's important for any serious linuxer to be
familiar with gentoo, for the same sort of reasons that it's important for any
serious programmer to be familiar with lisp, regardless of what language is
actually used.