[linux-elitists] QOTD

Bob Bernstein rs@bernstein.providence.ri.us
Wed Jun 14 11:28:11 PDT 2006

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 05:44:20PM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:

> NURSE PIGGY: Where did we get this patient from?
>
> DR. BOB: Oh. Well, she was found with a bunch of cows.
>
> NURSE PIGGY: Not bunch. Herd.
>
> DR. BOB: Herd of what?
>
> NURSE PIGGY: Herd of cows.
>
> DR. BOB: Sure, I've heard of cows.
>
> NURSE PIGGY: No, no, no. I mean the cows herd.
>
> DR. BOB: I don't care if the cows heard. I haven't said anything to be
> ashamed of.

Now you've gone and made me feel bad about myself...again.

The interesting question, OT for this list, is, wrt to previous your
sig, "Who is Robert J. McCloskey?"

The Robert McCloskey who wrote _Make Time For Ducklings_ did not,
afaik, use a middle initial. Google yields at least two Robert J.
McCloskey's, but neither appears to be sufficiently noteworthy to make
it into your esteemed sig files.

Inquiring minds want to know.

--
Bob Bernstein