[linux-elitists] QOTD

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Wed Jun 14 00:44:20 PDT 2006

On 14-Jun-2006, Bob Bernstein wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 01:41:28PM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
>
> > "I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am
> >  not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
> >	   -- Robert J. McCloskey
>
> How does he know what the other heard?

NURSE PIGGY: Where did we get this patient from?

DR. BOB: Oh. Well, she was found with a bunch of cows.

NURSE PIGGY: Not bunch. Herd.

DR. BOB: Herd of what?

NURSE PIGGY: Herd of cows.

DR. BOB: Sure, I've heard of cows.

NURSE PIGGY: No, no, no. I mean the cows herd.

DR. BOB: I don't care if the cows heard. I haven't said anything to be
ashamed of.

--
 \           "We spend the first twelve months of our children's lives |
  `\          teaching them to walk and talk and the next twelve years |