[linux-elitists] Did anybody miss the listserver while it was down?

Bob Bernstein rs@bernstein.providence.ri.us
Tue Jun 13 22:41:28 PDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 10:28:13PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:

> _Events_, chez NetBSD?  Surely a departure from tradition -- not
> necessarily in a bad way, of course.  Pray do tell.

After an absence of almost a year (from running NetBSD), I have just
installed nbsd 3.0, and when I sync'd it to -current, I was surprised
to find that sendmail has been thrown out of NetBSD's base
distribution, in favor of postfix. Not sure why. I have some catching
up to do.

Also, OpenBSD's pf packet filter has been brought *in* to the NetBSD
base distribution! When I suggested a few years ago that NetBSD
support the OpenBSD project to provide an alternative to Darren Reed's
ipf, my head was rather decidedly handed to me by the nbsd true
believers. There was talk of a fatwa.

Maybe this is old news to ALL OF YOU.

> Are you envisioning a timescale conducive to wagering?  It would add
> that helpful element of drama.

As Letterman so often reminds us, "Please...please, ladies and
gentlemen. No wagering!"

--
Bob Bernstein