[linux-elitists] Did anybody miss the listserver while it was down?

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Jun 13 22:28:13 PDT 2006

Quoting Bob Bernstein (rs@bernstein.providence.ri.us):

> I did miss it though, since there have been important events over at
> NetBSD that we should be discussing.

_Events_, chez NetBSD?  Surely a departure from tradition -- not
necessarily in a bad way, of course.  Pray do tell.

> I took the hiatus as evidence that my pet theory was correct, to wit,
> that the air on l-e was maintained in too rarified a state to support
> normal life, and that as such the list would eventually expire.

Are you envisioning a timescale conducive to wagering?  It would add
that helpful element of drama.

--
Cheers,     "Learning Java has been a slow and tortuous process for me.  Every
Rick Moen   few minutes, I start screaming 'No, you fools!' and have to go