[linux-elitists] Did anybody miss the listserver while it was down?

Bob Bernstein rs@bernstein.providence.ri.us
Tue Jun 13 22:17:03 PDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 12:32:27PM -0500, Rob McGee wrote:

> I can't say that I did.

You formed a sufficiently clear notion of what it was to miss it to
enable you make that observation. See Freud's must-read essay _On
Negation_.

I took the hiatus as evidence that my pet theory was correct, to wit,
that the air on l-e was maintained in too rarified a state to support
normal life, and that as such the list would eventually expire. I did
miss it though, since there have been important events over at NetBSD
that we should be discussing.

--
Bob Bernstein

          And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
          Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?