[linux-elitists] QOTD

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Tue Jun 13 20:41:28 PDT 2006

On 13-Jun-2006, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> From
> http://www.betanews.com/article/Netflix_Accused_of_Monopolizing_Online_Rentals/1150231408:
>
> 	Additionally, lawyers are making claims of "prior art," which
> 	has become a popular defense in cases where a company is seeking
> 	to invalidate a patent.
>
> Prior art - it's what the cool people are doing.

With luck, it might even become *so* cool that the check for prior art
is made *before* the patent is granted. But for such a novel idea, it
might take some time to implement that.

--
 \     "I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I |
  `\         am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I |