[linux-elitists] I agreed not to help you, can you help me? (was: Dapper Drake (6.06) amd64, XGL/Compiz)

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Jun 13 14:55:48 PDT 2006

Quoting Eugen Leitl (eugen@leitl.org):

> (And are you expecting me, to somehow, feeling guilty for running
> packaged stuff from livna because I need to get a job done which
> I can't get with open source drivers? Or are you, judging from your
> selective citation, just trolling? And are you expecting me to care?)

Hi, Gene.

Sorry about your frustrating situation, and you're right that people
shouldn't be hitting you on the head over it -- but from the point of view
of collective knowledge and to benefit future readers of the archives,
there's some value in stating clearly why some sorts of questions are
less likely than others to be resolved, here.  (Among other things,
probably most knowledgeable people here have preferentially focussed on
open source and lack the background you seek, or insist on being paid
for its excerise as a surtax on tasks they'd rather avoid, otherwise.)