[linux-elitists] I agreed not to help you, can you help me?

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Tue Jun 13 08:09:18 PDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 01:44:05PM +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> So I repeat my question: is anyone here running XGL/Compiz on Dapper Drake,
> x86_64? Dual-head xinerama 1280x1024 on an nVidia, especially?
>
> a) does it run?
> b) does it suck?
> c) if it does suck, how?

It sucks because you are using a closed source kernel driver that is
larger than the entire rest of your kernel combined, causing it to
become completly unsupported and forcing _you_ to violate the GPL and go
against the explicit intent of the Linux kernel developers.

That's why people are telling you to take it elsewhere.  Please do so.