[linux-elitists] Laptop models/vendors?

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Tue Jun 13 07:27:00 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 18:44 +0100, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:
> Teh Entar-Nick:
> > Okay, so I know that this is pretty much your standard "help me do
> > market research" posting, but I'm in a bit of a bind here.
>
> And it seems my mail hit some sort of quarantine, though I fully
> expected to get some sort of rejection notice.  In the meantime I just
> punted and bought a used T43.

T43 is a good choice. Glad you have your wits about you.

I bought a used Dell Inspiron 8000 (800MHz, 512MB RAM, 30GB HD and a
1600x1200 display) for $350 (bad battery though, new == $80) and a flaky
keyboard ($19 new replacement).

I typically hate Dell machines, but since this on is an Oldie and has
the nVidia2Go stuffs and Ubuntu was on the laptop when I bought it. I
can't say it was a bad thing.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, Better, Faster: Linux

Use Debian GNU/Linux, its a bazaar thing

NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the
National Security Agency may have read this email
without warning, warrant, or notice, and certainly
without probable cause. They may do this without
any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no
recourse nor protection.