[linux-elitists] I agreed not to help you, can you help me?

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Tue Jun 13 03:48:24 PDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 08:40:58PM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:

> You're using non-free software which requires you enter a contract

How is Compiz/XGL non-free software?

> with its vendor not to help others in regard to that software. Your
> choice, though I'd prefer you didn't.

Sorry, haven't seen any contract. Maybe you should ask the livna
guys about any contracts. Not that any EULAs are legally binding, mark.

> You're now asking for assistance with that software from the very
> people you've agreed to avoid helping.

I hereby declare to not seek assistance from you personally. Thanks.

> This is fairly galling, and my answer, at least, is "no", as explained
> by the above link. I can't speak for others on this list, but given
> its charter I can't imagine many here take kindly to requests for
> assistance under these conditions.

Oh, cry me a river.