[linux-elitists] I agreed not to help you, can you help me? (was: Dapper Drake (6.06) amd64, XGL/Compiz)

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Tue Jun 13 02:07:22 PDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 09:27:32AM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:

> This is linux-elitists. I can think of few *worse* places to ask for
> information (except in the negative) on running non-free drivers.

Which part of "XGL/Compiz on Dapper Drake" you don't understand?

(And are you expecting me, to somehow, feeling guilty for running
packaged stuff from livna because I need to get a job done which
I can't get with open source drivers? Or are you, judging from your
selective citation, just trolling? And are you expecting me to care?)