[linux-elitists] AppArmor?

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Wed Jan 18 16:55:04 PST 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 04:44:51PM -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> Has anyone on the list messed with AppArmor yet?
>
>   http://www.opensuse.org/Apparmor

Some on this list helped write it...

It used to be called SubDomain, if that helps with the googling.

> It looks k3wl -- seems to have everything I wanted out
> of SELinux, but with policy files I can understand.
>
> Or is there a "why AppArmor will never make it into
> the kernel" thread on lkml I should have read by now?

No, it is on the slow road to get there, if only the developers in
charge of getting it into mainline would stop working on other more
important things (paying customers?  bah!) and get back to cleaning it
up for upstream.

thanks,

greg k-h