[linux-elitists] http://zgp.org/linux-elitists/Aaron+Sherman.html

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Tue Jan 3 09:05:00 PST 2006

begin Aaron Sherman quotation of Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 05:14:57PM -0500:

> Searching for my name via Google (yeah, I googled myself, go fig) yields
> this page as the 7th hit, and given that it's not really about anything
> that I said or did, could someone please just add a comment to the page
> (presumably by modifying the indexing software in question) to indicate
> that this is an index of threads that I contributed to, not a list of
> excerpts from my postings?

That's a good idea, but I don't want to put too
much text on any one archive page.  Since these
pages contain basically only people's names and a
few keyword-dense sentences from the beginnings of
threads, they're helpful for searching.  If I put
a bunch of malarkey on the page, it would probably
make it vanish from the top results.

Maybe the best thing to do would be to put the
original poster's name in front of the text excerpt
from the beginning of the thread, like this:

Aaron Sherman:  Searching for my name via Google
(yeah, I googled myself, go fig)

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/