[linux-elitists] Okay... so now how do I get...

Joakim Ziegler joakim@avmaria.com
Mon Dec 18 14:09:33 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 11:10 -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> begin Jon Masters quotation of Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 11:49:21AM -0500:

> 3. Nvidia/ATI fanboys keep squawking about Intel
> gfx being teh suxorz, and they don't have multihead
> and DVI out, so they're teh suxorz.  And you should
> really put another damn fan in your computer because
> it's like, got a cheesy-looking neon-colored duct
> and shit on it.

I don't think it's reasonable to group DVI with this. DVI is becoming
standard, and that's as it should be, there's just no point in running
an originally digital signal from the graphics card to a digital LCD
over an analog cable just because. Also, newer, higher-res and larger
LCD panels can't be driven from analog RGB, and that's going to become
more and more common. Intel should just put DVI on their motherboards
and let people use a trivial external adapter if they want analog RGB
out. It should even be cheaper for them, theoretically.

--
- Joakim Ziegler