[linux-elitists] Okay... so now how do I get...

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Fri Dec 15 10:48:28 PST 2006

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 10:25:24AM -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> I'm thinking about drafting some boilerplate text
> that hardware customers could start sticking into
> purchase orders.
>

>   GPLv2 or Compatible Device Driver Support
>
>   The following items are "Linux Hardware" for the
>   purposes of this purchase order requirement:

Some big manufacturers already have such wording in their purchase
orders.  That's why for enterprise device support of hardware, the
binary module problem is going away.

But we still have a long way to go, especially in the embedded arena...

thanks,

greg k-h