[linux-elitists] Okay... so now how do I get...

Dave Jones davej@redhat.com
Thu Dec 14 15:17:04 PST 2006

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 02:57:15PM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:

 > > 3D Acceleration out of my nVidia card now?
 > > Currently I have a nVidia's non-GPL drivers loaded...
 > > In about a year, I guess I won't.
 >
 > I'll point out the reportedly respectable 3D performance of
 > recent Intel video chipsets using entirely open source software.

It's not just rotating desktops and burning wobbly windows that are
driving (har!) people to use these drivers though.
I see an increasing number of people running nvidia.ko just because
it does dual-head or tv-out, whilst nv doesn't.

I'd love it if neuveau made this pain go away. Really.

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk