[linux-elitists] Okay... so now how do I get...

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Dec 14 14:57:15 PST 2006

Quoting Greg Folkert (greg@gregfolkert.net):

> And yes I am being a bit simplistic and inflammatory here.

Welcome to Hell^Wthe Internet:  Here's your harmonica.

> 3D Acceleration out of my nVidia card now?
> Currently I have a nVidia's non-GPL drivers loaded...
> In about a year, I guess I won't.

I'll point out the reportedly respectable 3D performance of
recent Intel video chipsets using entirely open source software.

Meanwhile, I rather liked this comment on the referenced LWN thread:

  I don't remember anybody ever going down with their ship in battle
  saying:

  "Give me convenience or give me death!"

--
Cheers,                  Higgeldy Piggeldy             "Phooey on Freud and his
Rick Moen                Hamlet of Elsinore            Psychoanalysis --