[linux-elitists] Okay... so now how do I get...

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Thu Dec 14 14:30:06 PST 2006

3D Acceleration out of my nVidia card now?

Currently I have a nVidia's non-GPL drivers loaded...

In about a year, I guess I won't.

Okay, so I buy an ATI/AMD card. Oops no can do, same problem.

Well, then I guess I don't get to play any of the recent games on Linux
now.

Oh well. I guess other methods trying to get the manufacturers to
open-up or just give out specs are not working. Let us then just give
Microsoft and Apple and even easier time of squashing this "Linux
thing".

Maybe we should just give up on the SCO v IBM thing, the SCO v Novell
thing dunnah matter anymore as they sold-out with the Novell - Microsoft
patent thinger.

P.S. And yes I am being a bit simplistic and inflammatory here. But,
this is the tone of an e-mail I got from a Windows Fan-boy I regularly
heckle. I can see his point, can you?
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is