[linux-elitists] Spam fighting

Marc MERLIN marc@merlins.org
Sun Dec 10 08:43:25 PST 2006

On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 09:29:57AM -0700, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> Marc MERLIN <marc@merlins.org> wrote:
>
> > I hadn't looked at CRM114 before. How does it compare with baysian filters
> > and what SA usually does? Have people replaced/supplemented SA's baysian's
> > filter with CRM114?
>
> FWIW, I looked at this back in February:
>
> 	http://lwn.net/Articles/172491/
> 	http://lwn.net/Articles/173910/
>
> I had serious false-positive problems with CRM114, but maybe it's gotten
> better since.  I've still found SpamAssassin with the BAYES_99 score
> bumped hard to beat.

Thanks for that.

I guess I don't really trust any single baysian filter. I use SA's BAYES_99
for a 50% score towards the can, but that means that you need another 50% to
hit the bucket, or you need to fail greylisting (which you automatically get
on my system once you reach the score you get from BAYES_99)

I think, just like you, I'm going to get SA continue to do its job, and have
SA-Exim and greylisting continue to do theirs on top of that :)

Thanks
Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/