[linux-elitists] Spam fighting

Marc MERLIN marc@merlins.org
Sun Dec 10 08:13:33 PST 2006

On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 12:13:56AM -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> begin Jonathan Corbet quotation of Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 08:51:35AM -0700:
>
> > Additionally I now get *two* copies of everything.  Double spam for no
> > extra charge!
>
> Welcome back, all.  Sorry about the mixup.
>
> This is a fresh install of Mailman 2.1.5 on a new box,
> and the elitism rules and DNS should both be working
> correctly now.
>
> We sure are getting a heap of spam this winter,
> by cracky!

I'm kind of curious about this.
I'm still running the same SA-Exim that I've been running for the last 5
years or so (well, with the additions that I've made to it, but the only one
that makes a difference on spam is the adaptive greylisting), and I can't
say I'm really getting more spam in my inbox that is.

Are other methods failing to cope with the recent increase in spam?

Oh, for those who don't know about SA-Exim, it's basically SA at smtp time
inside Exim, with the option to greylist all mail with in the middle scores,
but nothing else.
I think it was a pretty simple idea when I first came up with it, but it
still works great for me so far.
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html

I hadn't looked at CRM114 before. How does it compare with baysian filters
and what SA usually does? Have people replaced/supplemented SA's baysian's
filter with CRM114?

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/