[linux-elitists] Open Source Health Care Summit

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Sat Dec 2 21:31:36 PST 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-02 at 17:18 -0800, Ilan Rabinovitch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just wanted to bring our latest call for papers to everyone's
> attention.  SCALE will be holding an event on the topic of open-source
> in healthcare at this years's show.  I am including the call for
> papers bellow.
>
> http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/healthcare07/
>
> Please feel free to pass this along to anyone you feel would be interested.
>
> Thanks,
> Ilan Rabinovitch
> ilan@socallinuxexpo.org

Ilan and to anyone else that cares.

When I saw the Title, I first thought:

        Great, Don accidentally authorized a SPAM advertisement.

Then knowing Mr. Marti, I thought better of that, before even looking at
the message, I re-hashed my thoughts and came up with this:

        How nice, someone is finally thinking about Health Care for Open
        Source, being advocates, programmers and implmentors of it.
        These people are commonly self-employed... happy, happy, joy,
        joy.

But alas, when I saw "Summit" on the subject line *IN* the message,
rather than the "[linux-elitists] Open Source Health Care" I saw in my
message index, I was disappointed.

So, when is it going to be that we can do what we love and not have to
do three times the work, just to pay for "proper" health care for our
families? (in the U.S. only I suppose)

Or maybe, we that cause much benefit to corporations and companies are
stuck to suffer in bad-health mainly because we cannot afford to go to
the doctor or hospital as it would put us even further in the hole.

Well, I guess this falls on ears that cannot answer that. Thanks for
reading.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is