[linux-elitists] Debian VPS?

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Mon Aug 28 14:54:47 PDT 2006

<quote who="Don Marti">

>   http://linode.com/products/linodes.cfm
>
> Anyone have recent experience with these or other
> VPS companies?  Suggestions or pointers welcome.

I run a bunch of sites (mail, dns and web) from a Linode VM. I started with
50MB RAM, and through Linode bonus birthdays and one upgrade, now have 150.
It has been good. Few problems, but when they arise, really good and clueful
support (from both Linode and their pleasantly active user community). They
are developing a Xen product, which is currently in open testing. I haven't
tried it.

For a bit of adventure, you could try Amazon's EC2... :-)

- Jeff

  If Perl is gaffer, and Python is Magic Tape, then Ruby is self-adhesive
                                plate gold.