[linux-elitists] Debian VPS?

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam@rosi-kessel.org
Mon Aug 28 12:25:14 PDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 11:43:25AM -0700, Don Marti wrote:
> I'm looking for a low-cost but basically reliable
> virtual private server on which to run Debian.
> That's about it -- nothing fancy.  I'm planning to put
> RT, some cron jobs, and possibly Mailman on the box,
> and don't anticipate much traffic.
>
> So far I have looked at:
>
>   http://www.tektonic.net/vds.php?op=budget_plans
>
>   http://linode.com/products/linodes.cfm
>
> Anyone have recent experience with these or other
> VPS companies?  Suggestions or pointers welcome.

I have had excellent experiences with rimuhosting.com for about a year,
having had bad experiences with some other providers before. Everything
they say on their website about making their customers "deliriously
happy" <http://rimuhosting.com/support/aboutrh.jsp> is true. I can't
think of anything bad about them, other than they may be a little more
expensive than the cheapest alternatives.

I'd be happy to answer specific questions about my experience, as well.

Adam