[linux-elitists] Simplest power management problem

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Tue Aug 22 23:46:25 PDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 10:37:14PM -0700, James Sparenberg wrote:
> Probably the best source of info I know of is actually in the kernel itself,
> or rather in it's docs, or rather the Documentation/power directory.  The
> best file is the tricks.txt IMHO.

That is how to try to trick the machine to suspend properly (to ram or
disk.)  It has nothing to do with turning off a few different devices
while the rest of the system remains up and running.

thanks,

greg k-h