[linux-elitists] Simplest power management problem

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Tue Aug 22 16:52:41 PDT 2006

Question about power management: What if you don't
want to turn the device back on again?  Say you
have a motherboard with three different kinds of
storage connections and you only have one hooked up,
sound hardware you don't listen to because it's in
the server room, and USB and VGA you'll only use if
you're booted in single user mode for extreme live
nude recovery.  What devices can you turn off and
forget about?

(Yes, I was writing some notes saying I need to
learn more about power management and I typed "poser
management".)

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/