[linux-elitists] [glykos@mbg.duth.gr: Re: [Beowulf] Windows cluster]

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Fri Sep 9 06:14:59 PDT 2005

Tee-hee.

----- Forwarded message from Nicholas M Glykos <glykos@mbg.duth.gr> -----

From: Nicholas M Glykos <glykos@mbg.duth.gr>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:29:17 +0300 (EEST)
To: beowulf@beowulf.org
Subject: Re: [Beowulf] Windows cluster

<snip>
> You should contact the Cornell Theory Center folks.  They have (one of
> the very few) windows clusters around, and lots of experiences
> running/building/managing them.
</snip>

I am not qualified to pass judgement on CTC's choices, but by the look of
it (see http://www.tc.cornell.edu/CTC-Main/Services/Support/
general_topics.cluster_status.info.htm) they are busy in ways rather
uncommon for HPC :

DOWNTIME: Wednesday September 14, 8am-5pm
REASON: Apply Microsoft Security Patches.
Posted Friday, 19 August 16:25
The computer worm that was released into the Internet around August 13th
affected the stability of the CTC Windows domain. ...
DOWNTIME: Wednesday August 17, 8am-5pm
REASON: Install new image on V2 nodes. (Windows 2003, sp1). See details
below. Apply Microsoft Security Patches.
DOWNTIME: Wednesday June 29, 8am-5pm
REASON: Apply Microsoft Security Patches.

Nicholas

--

            Dr Nicholas M. Glykos, Department of Molecular
        Biology and Genetics, Democritus University of Thrace,