[linux-elitists] Re: [[IRR] FEMA requires IE 6 and JavaScript]

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Tue Sep 6 19:46:42 PDT 2005

begin  Edward Faulkner quotation of Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 04:50:56PM -0400:
> Eugen Leitl <eugen@leitl.org> wrote:
> > To my dismay, our Federal emergency agency requires Microsoft
> > Internet Explorer 6, and only IE 6, to use the website for disaster
> > assistance.
>
> They also use a visual captcha -- too bad for blind refugees.
>
> The site appears to work just fine if you spoof the user agent string.
>
> Incompetence in government... who would have guessed!

Something tells me no IT vendor is going to be using
FEMA as a reference account any time soon.

Good notes on the Katrina PeopleFinder project:
http://www.ethanzuckerman.com/blog/?p=170

Yay for salesforce.com for hosting it on short
notice, too.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/