[linux-elitists] mini-markup language?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Mon Sep 5 18:31:43 PDT 2005

begin  Evan Prodromou quotation of Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 10:48:58AM -0400:

> I'm a *big* fan of reST (re-Structured Text), a more-or-less compatible
> reformulation of Structured Text, which itself was based on Usenet and
> mailing-list conventions for plain text markup. See here:
>
>         http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html
>
> I typically use reST for technical documents and I've found it very
> compatible with most text editors and Unix text-processing tools.

Thanks to all who posted suggestions.  This is the one
I'm going to use.  Works great.

I also found a Wiki that uses ReST markup, and,
something I haven't tried yet, rest2web, a templating
system that should let me maintain the HTML layout
and stuff separately from the text:

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/rest2web/

--
Don Marti