[linux-elitists] I hate you, Greg.

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Thu Oct 27 09:40:28 PDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 08:44:36AM +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> Now I still don't understand Greg's glee about Debian slowly sinking
> into the muck. Some of the packages are stale, and security updates have been
> nonexistent for a brief while, but I don't see why a noncommercial
> effort (the last volunteer effort with no commercial backing) has to
> end this way.

Glee?  It's not so much glee, as it is sad that it is slowly being taken
down by the pure size and infinite combinations of packages that need to
be accommodated.

Debian wouldn't bother me at all if it wasn't for them trying to tell
me, and other kernel developers how wrong we are for different things
(the firmware issue is a perfict example.)  I get upset Debian
developers and users emailing me every week asking why I don't have a
separate package for my drivers that have been ripped out of the Debian
kernel so that they can use their hardware.  As I have no such package,
they go away angry, and blame me for something someone else decided to
do.

greg k-h