[linux-elitists] I hate you, Greg.

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Thu Oct 27 08:51:30 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 09:06 -0400, Aaron Sherman wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 23:57 -0700, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:
> > I did you a service by pointing out how you had failed to pass them.
>
> Being insulting is never a favor of any sort, billions of claims to the
> contrary on Slashdot notwithstanding.

Billions? BILLIONS? When did they start purging?

> > > Now I still don't understand Greg's glee about Debian slowly sinking
> > > into the muck. Some of the packages are stale, and security updates
> > > have been nonexistent for a brief while, but I don't see why a
> > > noncommercial effort (the last volunteer effort with no commercial
> > > backing) has to end this way.
>
> I'll point out that you're using a very special definition of
> "commercial backing" indeed if you consider Debian to be free of such a
> scourge... Then again, I'm not yet clear on why funding is a bad thing,
> but I'm sure someone can find a passage in the Little Red Book that will
> explain it to me.

People consider funding a bad thing. Sort of like... bribing or like
lobby groups "making a political contribution" to certain candidates,
for of course "nothing" in return later on.

Or it causes things *REALLY* needing work done, to being ignored so the
funded "Fun" part can get the "oh wowee" effect. All be it fun, then
whom >really< needs documentation, don't we all just _KNOW_ this stuff?
I *KNOW* I do.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, Better, Faster: Linux

Use Debian GNU/Linux, its a bazaar thing.