[linux-elitists] I hate you, Greg.

Aaron Sherman ajs@ajs.com
Thu Oct 27 06:06:23 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 23:57 -0700, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:
> begin  Eugen Leitl  quotation:
> > >
> > > Your posts are not making it to the list because you're not using
> > > mutt's list-reply feature.  You have failed the l-e intelligence
> > > test.

Intelligence would involve BCCing to get around the filters, correct? ;)

I was an early "fail" on that particular test, and much to everyone's
benefit it has meant that I contribute only rarely over the years, as I
tend to treat "To" in RFC2822-compliant mail much the same as "wa" in
Japanese: it sets up context in order to allow me to then speak in the
second person without ambiguity.

> I did you a service by pointing out how you had failed to pass them.

Being insulting is never a favor of any sort, billions of claims to the
contrary on Slashdot notwithstanding.

> > Now I still don't understand Greg's glee about Debian slowly sinking
> > into the muck. Some of the packages are stale, and security updates
> > have been nonexistent for a brief while, but I don't see why a
> > noncommercial effort (the last volunteer effort with no commercial
> > backing) has to end this way.

I'll point out that you're using a very special definition of
"commercial backing" indeed if you consider Debian to be free of such a
scourge... Then again, I'm not yet clear on why funding is a bad thing,
but I'm sure someone can find a passage in the Little Red Book that will
explain it to me.