[linux-elitists] I hate you, Greg.

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Wed Oct 26 23:44:36 PDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 12:57:55PM -0700, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:

> > Ha, mutt has no such issues.
>
> Your posts are not making it to the list because you're not using mutt's
> list-reply feature.  You have failed the l-e intelligence test.

Since when has elitists turned into crackmonkey?

> And what "issues" do you mean?  mutt has both bounce and forward
> features, and bouncing to lists is still a PITA.  You have fixed nothing
> beyond moving to blind forwarding, and you're still running roughshod
> over list etiquette.

Again, in small letters, so even you can get it: I had an issue with
an install (Greg's blameless actually, it was an old partition on some drive
with bootable flag on) which was answered on debian-amd64 to the effect
that Greg Kroah broke leenucks, again. I thought it funny to write
"I hate you, Greg" in the subject line when forwarding an answer to my own message.

Apparently you're just as humor-impaired as Greg, and now I've anyway ruined
the joke by diagramming it.

Now I still don't understand Greg's glee about Debian slowly sinking
into the muck. Some of the packages are stale, and security updates have been
nonexistent for a brief while, but I don't see why a noncommercial
effort (the last volunteer effort with no commercial backing) has to
end this way.

Allright, it's Ubuntu server 5.10 AMD64 for me, for time being.