[linux-elitists] I hate you, Greg.

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Oct 26 15:16:47 PDT 2005

Quoting George Georgalis (george@galis.org):

> I got chastised for sending confirm requests to list posts when I
> hadn't even sent a single one, only pro-actively apologized before I
> positively knew that I hadn't sent  any.

Ah, I had wondered about that incident.

If/when you have time, it would be appreciated if you could detail whatever
C-R system you use so appropriate regexes could be added to the list at
http://www.softwolves.pp.se/blog/2004-06-23,en .  That list (Peter
Karlsson's) comprises procmail recipes, but it's not hard to craft
versions in various MTAs' rule syntax to enforce 55x SMTP-time rejects.

Karlsson's list is already quite useful, and should be helped along as
people encounter more C-R varieties.