[linux-elitists] I hate you, Greg.

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Wed Oct 26 14:38:10 PDT 2005

begin  George Georgalis  quotation:
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 12:57:55PM -0700, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:
> >Your posts are not making it to the list because you're not using
> >mutt's list-reply feature.  You have failed the l-e intelligence
> >test.
>
> I wouldn't characterize that kind of hot response as coming from any
> kind of elite, but the tone is typical of this list.  And if I too
> have failed a l-e intelligence test, well this wasn't for that
> assessment but mutt has sucked since at least 1995.

By "intelligence test" I of course meant the posting filters.  I suppose
congratulations are in order for you, as you managed to pass the filters
without using mutt (haven't checked your user-agent, but I assume you
found some other way to do a list-reply without all the useless Ccs).

> If there is no place for user compassion by linux-elitist, only
> or mostly ridicule, what is there to gain by becoming one of the
> elite? Don't bother telling me, I don't want to be like you.

Next you'll say that this list is for *helping people*, yes?

> btw - if you use qmail,

	"...you have already lost."

Really, I understand the rest of your mail, but this crazy reference to
proprietary abandonware in a Free Software elitism list is an obvious
troll (Just like 'gene's little sop to Greg K-H).

[crazy sed foofoo snipped]
> and you put the lists you are subscribed to in that file, you'll
> have mutt know what list you subscribe to while qmail-inject adds
> the right Follup-to when you send messages. It was no simple task
> determining all what needed doing and I couldn't have worked it out
> without the friendly help over at sed-users.

	Okay, I use procmail:

MAILDIR=Maildir/

# This one rule alone handles 99% of mailing list software out there.
:0:
* ^(X-(Mailing-)?[Ll]ist(-Id)?:( "[^"]+")? <?|Sender: owner-|X-BeenThere: |Delivered-To: mailing list |X-Loop:)\/[-A-Za-z0-9_+]+
$MATCH/

	And then my .muttrc:

lists `cd ~/Maildir && echo *`
mailboxes `echo ~/Maildir/*/`

	...and then the magical L key just does a list-reply.

> George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator <IXOYE><

Ιχθύς!

I always wanted to make one of those that just says <FISH>< to match the
Greek ones.  But I don't drive, and then people would think it's those
Physh hippies nowadays anyway.

--
"Forget the damned motor car                          Nick Moffitt
and build cities for lovers and friends."            nick@zork.net