[linux-elitists] GNU/Linux box as a RAID device?

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Wed Oct 26 12:25:12 PDT 2005

<quote who="Joakim Ziegler">

> So, he asked me something the other day, which made me think. He wanted to
> know if he could set up a Linux box with a bunch of (SATA or SATA-II)
> disks in RAID, and then hook his mac up to that box via SCSI or Fiber
> Channel, and have the RAID device show up as a SCSI device on the Mac end.

If there are ATA Over Ethernet drivers for OS X, that would be a nice and
cheap way of doing it. Just expose your RAID via AoE on the Linux box, and
mount it on the OS X machine.

- Jeff

--
OSDC 2005: Melbourne, Australia                      http://www.osdc.com.au/

  "I'm coding 'gless' right now ... I'm not living up to the motto 'gless
   is gmore', I should have started with gmore. ;-)" - Havoc Pennington,
                                    1998