[linux-elitists] OpenSolaris

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Sat Nov 19 22:31:50 PST 2005

<quote who="Eugen Leitl">

> Both Lustre and GFS seem to prefer a SAN approach though, no? I don't see
> how I could run ATA over Ethernet, and still have the drives available in
> a local file system. OpenAFS could be another option (but not very
> performant, apparently).
>
> There are too many options. I'm confused. Any advice from a person in the
> trenches?

A fast and dirty approach: AoE + GFS or OCFS2 (which I've done in Ubuntu
5.10 recently, which added the clusterfs stuff - works nicely).

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

   "There are men with an appetite for fight and a sense of occasion, and
                  then there is Waugh." - SMH, about Steve