[linux-elitists] OpenSolaris

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Fri Nov 18 16:21:02 PST 2005

<quote who="Greg KH">

> > It is wonderful to have Sun kicking Linux up the arse with some
> > innovative, useful and *OPEN SOURCE* technologies. :-)
>
> Heh, and for all those things that Linux kicks Sun's arse on, those don't
> count?

You are way too defensive, Greg! Why do you think Sun is *now* competing on
technology terms? Because they have sore bottom cheeks... *and* they're not
afraid to admit it (seriously - talk to their techs, and ignore Jonathan
Schwartz for a minute).

One thing that concerns me is that too few of us on this side of the fence
are happy to admit we have sore bottom cheeks.

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu USA & Europe Tour: Oct-Nov 2005            http://wiki.ubuntu.com/3BT

  "Ever since GNOME development began, I have urged people to aim to make
    it as good as the Macintosh. To try to be like Windows is to try for
                      second-best." - Richard Stallman