[linux-elitists] OpenSolaris

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Fri Nov 18 04:19:52 PST 2005

I've just ordered me a Sun Fire X2100 (barebone configuration,
to be extended to 4 GByte RAM and 2x300 GB SATA RAID).
While Debian AMD64 is reported on run well it, I'm also considering
checking out OpenSolaris, especially now that zfs is shipping.

I'm not quite sure how quirky and sustainable the effort is, however,
given Sun's history of propritary lock-in.

If you have informed views on the matter, please share.